Thursday, March 19, 2009

These Nights
By Andrew Alexander


These crowded streets echo with the sound of rustlings leafs
As vacant eyes look at the empty me
I am the night

The mischief is brewing in the heads of creative young lads
As the sound of yells and dog bark fills me sick
I am the night

But the rain rolls in like high tide in the full moon
As it echoes these hollow streets with a drum
Rolling the troops forth, towards uncertain victory
It just keeps rolling
The streets lose their names
And become memories of friends
But friends die away
But it’s what you take from them wouldn’t

Never be caught dead in those hollow streets with out their song in your head
Or else I’ll set the bull-eye on the back of your head
All eyes are on you
But remember to just keep rolling
Rolling
Rolling

The hollowed streets tell your stories
As the wind whispers morals to keep
Your icy vacant breathe carries memories
I am your night, I will forever sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment